MACMA offers a wide variety of speakers and topics in order to address most issues in the health and fitness business. We provide the opportunity for education right in your own club and we also provide the opportunity to attend events and network with others. Club Members can take advantage of complimentary webinars and discounted rates for workshops and conferences.
Are you interested in presenting for MACMA in 2017?
When suggesting a topic, please make sure:
- Your content is interesting and relevant to the audience. Sessions are meant to educate and/or inspire attendees.
- Contact information (email, phone, company or club name) for the speaker of the submission is included. The MACMA Board of Directors will follow up with the interested party.
What we are looking for when we review the submissions:
- Is the presenter someone who can credibly address the subject in-depth?
- Will attendees receive information by attending the session that would be unique to their interests and challenges, and could not be located easily in some other fashion?
- Does it sound like it is actually a useful vision or best practices versus a vendor pitch?
- Personality. Does the speaker have energy and passion in their voice?
- Relevancy. Does the presentation answer a question the industry is struggling with? Can attendees walk away with at least a “nugget” of information applicable to their situation.
If your application is selected, we expect you to:
- Meet the deadlines necessary. (Topics, overview, headshots and bio)
- Commit to presenting—no last minute switch outs.
- Share and Invite others to attend through your social networks and any other appropriate marketing venues. We encourage you to help us promote the event/webinar.
Types of Educational Sessions
Your Presentation with MACMA may fall under one of the following:
- Webinars: we offer a monthly webinar on the third Thursday of the month at 2 pm. These are 45-60 minutes in duration. We encourage use of a webcam if available.
- Half-Day Workshops: These are typically held at a local Club and can take the format of lecture, panel, network, round table or a certification. Other format ideas are encouraged.
- Conference Presentations: Keynotes, 60 minute breakout sessions or interactive/certification sessions. Other format ideas are encouraged.
Email Kerry at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. Speaker Application available on side tab.